New photos of China made XT4 - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

New photos of China made XT4

Some new photos have just dropped showcasing the upcoming XT4. The car is set to launch in October, and is made exclusively in China by the Shanghai-GM joint venture. This is the second China made Cadillac SUV, following after the XT5. The XT4 is set to go up against some stiff competition such as the Q3, GLA, X1, E Pace and XC40. Pictures are pretty low quality..
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 03:30 PM

Having seen the Honda CR-V many times in persona and online, I can't help to notice how much the XT4 looks like it.

Down the road I can see Cadillac doing some revision for a more unique design.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

They certainly have similar taillight designs, but I think the styling is much cleaner on the XT4. I don't really like all these wrap around lights that have become pretty standard across the market. Even more surprising is the shift back to full hatch taillight bars.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 06:53 PM

I guess its an improvement over current Cadillac products that look like they belong in the early 2000's.
Its understood Cadillac wants a timeless design but although they got away from bland with the XT4, it still doesn't look like a proper Cadillac.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 12:50 PM

The dark colored versions as shown in "Cadillac Society" look more classic, since the XT4 now shares the new family grille. The white looks more "plain" and a layperson will only see it as a Cadillac if they recognize the grille and headlights. The rear also looks plain and common to other CUVs in the market. 'Maybe when the first production models appear and we see more colors, then the XT4 will become more attractive and different,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page