Spy shots - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Spy shots

Hey guys, I just checked those spied shots of a new XT4 and noticed one thing..

What is this metal thing on the left rear wheel for? I've never seen them before
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 11:17 AM

Maybe it's just a testing tool for tire rotations.
Here's a spy shot of the 2017 XT4 front end and it looks like there are new headlights, perhaps taking after the Cadillac Escala concept. 2019 Cadillac XT4 Spy Shots Show Production Lights | GM Authority
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 01:19 PM

I think it might be for testing wheel travel as there aren't any on board systems to do that. However as we start to see regen suspension systems come to market then that might become an on-board feature that even people like us will have access to.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 12:23 PM

XT4 interior spied and it looks like Cadillac is going back to physical buttons instead of touch-sensitive controls, which caranddriver says as more finicky than flashy.
Maybe I'm old school, but buttons do seem easier to use while you're driving.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:45 PM

It's pretty crazy to think that we live in an age, where physical buttons are a noteworthy mention by car publications. Not surprising that Cadillac has decided to do away with the tactile controls, as most owners expressed their hatred of trying to use them properly while driving. Do we know if there are any changes to the lighting amongst different trim levels. It seems at though there are completely different set ups between the test mules we've seen. Maybe that's just been the natural progression of the concept?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 01:58 PM

After looking into a lot of german products and seeing how driver focused they are i'm glad to see that Cadillac is doing it here. That seems to be one of the key ways to attract buyers that will be passionate about the product.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 02:49 PM

If we take a close look at the interior spy shots it looks as if the XT4 will feature front seats that are both heated and ventilated. This could be quite the disruption of Cadillacís status quo, which has traditionally has only offered heated seats on entry-level models. Even the ATS did not feature ventilated seats, regardless of the trim level you chose.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 06:41 PM

Anyone know if we can expect the seats to be perforated because with it being heated and cooled and the fact that we will be driving these all throughout the year in various conditions, ventilation is key.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:16 PM

I'm sure they've thought of seat perforation when it comes to heating and cooling elements. I see three empty spaces where other buttons can go, which makes me wonder what electronic options the XT4 will be offered with.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page