How the XT4 compares to key rivals on paper - Cadillac XT4 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raymondjram

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

How the XT4 compares to key rivals on paper

Here's a chart showing how the XT4 compares to each of its key rivals in this segment. It is on the lower end of the horsepower spectrum, but that has allowed it to offer class leading fuel economy. It also has one of the cheapest base prices, with only the MKC coming in slightly less.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cadillac-XT4-compact-luxury-crossover-comparo.jpg (586.9 KB, 9 views)
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 12:23 PM

Although your table has great results. most Cadillac buyers never read such comparisons. I don't haev a Cadillac yet, but I have driven one and taken many rides since I was a child. I still remember my uncle's white convertible DeVille of the 1950s with its huge white tails!

But I do read comparisons when I decide to buy and my favorites are GM cars, which I have own five, and driven many more. I now have a 2009 Chevy Equinox which has given me excellent service, and had just two problems: a bad spark plug and two speed sensors, both service for free by the GM dealer. The Equinox was a hidden gem in GM line because it was not promoted much since 2004, but is in its third generation, and has risen to become the second most sold GM vehicle (after the Silverado truck), and the second best selling CUV in the U.S. (after the cheaper and lesser quality Toyota RAV4).

The Cadillac XT5 which replaced the SRX, is still the brand's best seller, so if they produced a smaller CUV with better quality and features for a lesser price, then the Cadillac XT4 can become the next best seller, and come behind the Equinox in sales, even taking away Equinox sales. As for me I will trade or sell my Equinox for the Cadillac XT4 as soon as I can set up my financial situation for the new debt, and when the XT4 comes in a hybrid (as the Chevy Malibu) or a PHEV (as the Cadillac CT6 or Chevy Volt).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 10:37 AM

I think for the most part that shoppers in this segment make their decision based upon how the vehicle drives and which brand they are most familiar with. I doubt that anyone currently in an Audi or BMW has all that much interest in converting to a Cadillac and vice versa.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Cadillac is approaching the female "Millennial" market with the XT4. Read more here:
2019 Cadillac XT4 Markets Toward Women | GM Authority

The comments are interesting to read, too.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emette View Post
I think for the most part that shoppers in this segment make their decision based upon how the vehicle drives and which brand they are most familiar with. I doubt that anyone currently in an Audi or BMW has all that much interest in converting to a Cadillac and vice versa.
Your post confirms my reaction: many luxury clients NEVER read comparison tables. For example, my sister-in-laws both let their rich friends tell them what to buy. Yet both have taken rides in my 2009 Chevy Equinox and both were amazed at its features. One was wowed over by the Bluetooth phone features, as she answered a call from my wife while I was driving. Both did buy CUVs that are more expensive than the Equinox but with the same features, and both paid almost double for their versions. One bought a M-B and the other (more sensible) both a Lincoln MKC. Both are smaller than the Equinox.

If both were really intelligent to search and read such comparison tables, they would had bought the Cadillac XT5 or another Chevy Equinox, and saved money, too!
Mr Caddy likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

I think automakers are well are that the majority of buyers in this segment prefer style over substance. They are more than willing to shell out additional money simply for a brand name, merely as a status symbol. I agree that if they took the opportunity to really compare what could be found in cheaper segments they would be really surprised at the value they have passed on.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page