XT4 vs Q3, X1, NX 300, GLA 250 - Cadillac XT4 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Emette
  • 1 Post By gabby_artis

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

XT4 vs Q3, X1, NX 300, GLA 250

The XT4 looks like it will be a worthy competitor for the segment, but Cadillac still has its work cut out in luring people away from the established nameplates such as the X1, Q3, NX or GLA. Was able to find a graph to see how all these models compare, at least on paper. Interesting to note that despite having more HP than its rivals, its still slower in the 0-60 sprint. It has class leading fuel economy however.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 12:13 PM

The XT4 is priced at the upper end for its segment, so there needs to be enough incentive t draw people away from the slightly more affordable models with slightly similar specs. A few has 258 lb-ft of torque as well, but the XT4 stands out with substantially more horsepower aside from the Lexus. But those two are so close in price, that's a moot point. And it's a Cadillac, so the standard equipment and finish is just better IMO.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Luckily for Cadillac a lot of people shopping from premium crossovers, don't have a lot of interest in performance figures. They are more concerned with the fit and finish and how well the vehicle rides. Hopefully its better fuel economy and cargo capacity are enough to warrant a test drive over the rivals.
Raymondjram likes this.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 05:28 AM

In looking at the performance estimates for the XT4, to me it seems a 0-60 time of 7.5 seconds is high, when considering the vehicle weight, 9-speed transmission, and the HP/Torque, especially since the Torque stated develops as low as 1,500 RPM. Let's hope for 6.9 seconds.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Well these figures are an estimation, so hopefully we see some better results in a proper test drive. Sprint times do seem to be a little slow for its powertrain, though we don't know its official weight yet either.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 09:54 PM

I can see this being good for fleet sales and if Cadillac is banking on that then they might have a chance. However the CT6 was sort of the same and it still has trouble selling. I sense a model refresh sooner than it should have come.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:12 AM

I used to have GLA and replaced it with xt4. Xt4 is alot more bigger than gla. Gla felt like a hatchback with raised height. Xt4 feels more SUV with its size and interior space. Gla feels alot more quicker than xt4
Raymondjram likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby_artis View Post
I used to have GLA and replaced it with xt4. Xt4 is alot more bigger than gla. Gla felt like a hatchback with raised height. Xt4 feels more SUV with its size and interior space. Gla feels alot more quicker than xt4
pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190603_135424_1560525204623.jpg (121.4 KB, 1 views)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:24 AM

The XT4 will increase sales, as Cadillac introduces its sedan "brother", the CT4:

Cadillac CT4 Makes Unofficial Debut In New Spy Shots

Most Cadillac buyers and leasers are not worried about performance, as they drive for comfort and quietness. A heavier CUV actually gives more confidence to the driver and passengers, and promote better and longer useful life. My wife's 2009 Chevy Equinox may be heavier and slower than the imports but it is safer (five stars) and had an almost perfect service.

I am waiting for a hybrid or EV Cadillac before trading in.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page