Xt4 engine issue - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to USMCRECON Send a message via MSN to USMCRECON Send a message via Yahoo to USMCRECON
Xt4 engine issue

Ok, bought the wife a new XT4 and had Oil/Filter changed at 700 miles with no issues. Got a letter from Caddy about recall of a canister pump failure so took it in to find out the unit had another recall for a computer update. Then I got a call that the slight engine rattle my wife complained about was a Timing chain tension failure. Sure would like to know if anyone else has had issues. This car was a step up from her KIA Optima Luxury edition but I'm concerned about the new car issues already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CADDY2.jpg (236.8 KB, 3 views)
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:02 AM

As long as all the issues are covered by the warranty and at no cost to the owner, I see little worry or need for concern. My wife's 2009 Chevy Equinox had three issues: two wheel speed sensors and a bad #1 spark plug. All three were covered by the warranty at no cost (except time), and in ten years, it had no other issues or even recalls from the NHTSA. My brother, who drives a Mercedes Benz at his home in Florida, is visiting us and borrows the Equinox because it is more reliable!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:56 PM

Thumbs down XT4 issues

I ordered my XT4 last year and picked it up in December. In June, the check engine light came on....3 times. first time engine went to reduced power and thermostat went bonkers. Dealer could not replicate issue. They did fix 3 recalls. 2nd time only the engine light went on...then dealer discovered bad water pump. 3 weeks later light went on again....supposedly a computer board wasn't seated properly. Yesterday i sent a letter to Caddy requesting they buy back. I didn't 'order my own brand new Cadillac' to have to take it back every 2-3 weeks....
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:21 AM

Garage
Check Engine Light

I had similar experience. Check light came on three times. 1st time was told computer needed to be reloaded. Second time one dealer said it was a current sensor in charging circuit and since he didnt have one in stock to take it to home dealer when I got there. Went to that dealer and he said it needed recall updates and that would fix the problem. Next time it came on they replaced the battery and that solved the problem....dead cell.

I know stuff happens but why does it take three visits and bs from service people to find and fix the problem. It was free but my time and inconvenience is not free....I did get a donut and some free bottle water from the lounge.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page