Expected powertrain - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Expected powertrain

The XT4 represents one of the important new vehicles from GM's luxury brand in almost a decade. With rivals like the X3, Q5 and GLC, has its work cut out for it, if it hopes to stand out from the crowd. Early reports suggest we could see a 2.0 liter turbocharged engine, that will deliver around 237hp and 258lb-ft of torque. Cadillac has promised 30mpg on the highway and city and combined fuel economy ratings are expected around 25 and 27mpg. A 9 speed automatic transmission should help it deliver these figures, and cylinder deactivation and start/stop are likely to be present.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:58 PM

Cadillac will have to choose to either take on more sporty characteristics or luxury. Right now with the XT5 they seem a bit confused and can't do either right. Lincoln is slowly coming back and at the same time showing Cadillac how its done.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 11:14 AM

The XT4 must have an EREV model

I posted here "Erev xt4?" that the XT4 must have a PHEV version as an alternative to the PHEV CT6 and as an upgrade for present Chevy Volt owners who want more cargo space and luxury. If Cadillac makes a PHEV XT4 for the 2020 MY they will outsell the Volt and even the Equinox.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

I really don't know how much longer we'll see range extended vehicles, considering how rapidly we're seeing advancements with battery technology. And the Volt is really the only range extending vehicle that's left, as the i3 has been essentially discontinued and the ELR never got off the ground. You are right though that Cadillac will have to offer some sort of hybrid variant for one of their newer SUV's/crossover.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emette View Post
I really don't know how much longer we'll see range extended vehicles, considering how rapidly we're seeing advancements with battery technology. And the Volt is really the only range extending vehicle that's left, as the i3 has been essentially discontinued and the ELR never got off the ground. You are right though that Cadillac will have to offer some sort of hybrid variant for one of their newer SUV's/crossover.
As long as it doesn't negatively impact other areas then they won't go away. In hypercars I can see it being an issue, weight is everything, but in passenger vehicles, they can make a strong product better.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page