Climate Control screen - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Climate Control screen

The climate control screen stopped working. All other screens worked but the screen said 'climate control off'. Hitting the screen to get it to come on did not work. Fortunately the manual buttons did work and we were able to turn on the air as it was hot! Our service advisor recommended when we have issues to stop the car, turn it off, open the driver door and get out and close it. That should reset any glitches we find in the CUE system. That did not work. It eventually came back online after sitting for a few hours.
There are no software updates waiting and we've had all the recalls addressed.
Anyone else experiencing this?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:08 AM
BJC

Good morning - my XT4 rolled off the assembly line on 4-23 and I took delivery on 6-26 and since then, I have had similiar issues PLUS the CUE system staying on often after I shut off the vehicle. It requires me to then get back in the truck, start it, and then turn it off again to shut down the CUE. Otherwise it keeps the entire interior system on. According to my selling dealership, GM is aware of the problem and is currently working on a software fix with no ETA in sight. I may have to lemon law it, and go for a Sport instead. Just by chance, do you have a premium lux version?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

We have a Premium Lux XT4. This may be a similar issue but we had a dead battery after the car sitting for a week. Seems as though the CUE system did not go off after doing a remote start and letting the car idle until the remote start timed out. I also experienced the CUE system not going off after turning off the car (maybe 3 times). The dealer did a service bulletin 1922121 and reprogrammed the Engine Control Module. No issues since. I think our issue is merely software related and we haven't taken it in to the dealer yet. We love the XT4. We've had other cars that have experienced more issues than this. I believe its the 'first year' bugs that have to be worked out. Always an issue with buying the first year model.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:16 PM
BJC

Very true - this was my 50th birthday present to myself and my official exit from the german sports car world. I LOVE it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Took our beautiful XT4 into the dealership today. Come to find out there is a service bulletin that addresses the Climate Control screen issue. So it should be fixed now!!!
Also note we have similar issues with our 2017 CTS. It's going in for service tomorrow.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page