1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raymondjram

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Cadillac reveals future EV Crossover

Yesterday, Cadillac revealed a new concept EV crossover:
FuNewture Cadillac EV Unexpectedly Revealed In Detroit
https://media.cadillac.com/media/us/...dillac-ev.html

I wonder if it will be named the XT7 or a new class, such as the EX? or similar. Anyway the Escalade should be called the XT8.

I hope Cadillac does produce an EV version of the XT4!
Emette likes this.

Last edited by Raymondjram; 01-14-2019 at 10:15 AM.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 12:27 PM

Wow that is a sharp looking concept. Curious to learn more about its platform and what kind of specs we can expect from it. Maybe this means we will also see a return of the ELR.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 03:43 PM

Cadillac has disappointed us in the past with concepts like this that come time for production, look nothing like it.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.L View Post
Cadillac has disappointed us in the past with concepts like this that come time for production, look nothing like it.
I disagree. Cadillac has shown many concepts that become production. The Escala concept is applied to the XT4 and XT6, and updated on the CT6. The other previous concepts, such as the Elmiraj and Ciel, do appear on other Cadillacs. The Evoq is the ELR, and there are more than what I remember of all the Cadillacs since riding in my uncle's white convertible Fleetwood in 1956!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
I disagree. Cadillac has shown many concepts that become production. The Escala concept is applied to the XT4 and XT6, and updated on the CT6. The other previous concepts, such as the Elmiraj and Ciel, do appear on other Cadillacs. The Evoq is the ELR, and there are more than what I remember of all the Cadillacs since riding in my uncle's white convertible Fleetwood in 1956!
Elmiraj was a great concept but the fact we still don't have a modern version of the classic caddy pimpmobile is disappointing. Even Lexus beat them to the races on this one.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Elmiraj was a great concept but the fact we still don't have a modern version of the classic caddy pimpmobile is disappointing. Even Lexus beat them to the races on this one.
Races to copy the Emiraj? Their concepts and products are extremely ugly!! My niece had a Lexus wagon, which she traded it in for a Kia because the Lexus was extremely expensive to maintain, and the Kia looks better. She took a ride with me when I rented a 2015 Chevy Impala, and she fell asleep while I was driving. She loved it and called it the smoothest car she has ever taken a ride in!

GM products are better and have lesser maintenance costs. I have a 2009 Chevy Equinox, and in ten years it has only been taken in four times to the dealer. Twice for the traction sensors (replace under warranty for free), once for a bad #1 spark plug (warrantied for the life of the vehicle, replaced for free), and last week it was for its first engine coolant change ($45). Nothing else except annual oil and filter changes with Mobil 1 synthetic oil!

Maybe low failure and problems are why GM products sell less. Foreign cars sell more as replacement for previous junked foreign models. We have junk yards just for foreign cars! I have NEVER seen any Equinox in a junk yard, and it is GM's second best selling vehicle (after the Silverado truck) since 2005!!

Before my Equinox, I had three other GM vehicles since 1975. Two lasted over twenty years. I am waiting for a hybrid or electric Cadillac XT4 to replace my Equinox. It may be the last vehicle I will buy!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 03:40 PM

Lexus beat Cadillac to the races in offering an attractive GT coupe which is what the Elmiraj is.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Lexus beat Cadillac to the races in offering an attractive GT coupe which is what the Elmiraj is.
Only a Toyota fanboy would called that "attractive"!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 02:24 PM

Doesn't the fact that it never made it past the concept stage, signify that consumer feedback wasn't all that positive? Don't know why you wouldn't just go for something like the CTS-V instead.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
Only a Toyota fanboy would called that "attractive"!
Its no where as elegant as that Cadillac Coupe concept but its all we have for anything reasonably priced.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page