NY Daily News- high and lows of XT4 - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

NY Daily News- high and lows of XT4

The NY Daily News has shared an article which gives an overview to some of the main positive aspects of the XT4, with one key downfall. They feel like GM's latest crossover is held back by too much optional driver assist equipment. Things like adaptive cruise, forward collision warning and AEB, are all bundled in additional packages. 8 Great Traits of the 2019 Cadillac XT4... and a Fatal Flaw - NY Daily News

Quote:
Making matters worse, many key driver-assist features arenít available on base models, forcing buyers who want this equipment to step up to costlier trim levels. This can quickly add thousands of dollars to the crossoverís base price.

Some rivals offer an extensive range of standard driver-assist features. For example, all 2019 Lexus NX crossovers are equipped with adaptive cruise control, a lane-keeping assist system, a forward collision warning system with automatic emergency braking, and automatic high-beam headlights.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 01:14 PM

The XT4 is significantly cheaper than most of its competitors, so Cadillac is going to have to make some cuts somewhere. Both the Q5 and X3 start for $5-6k more.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Caddy View Post
The XT4 is significantly cheaper than most of its competitors, so Cadillac is going to have to make some cuts somewhere. Both the Q5 and X3 start for $5-6k more.
Its for good reason and similar to why its not that impressive of a CUV and that's because they're just testing the waters to then really push hard on a second generation version if this is a success.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 10:56 AM

Why is a U.S. based press admiring an import? Does the japanes press do the same for our brands? I am a New Yorker but I don't like what the article has posted.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
Why is a U.S. based press admiring an import? Does the japanes press do the same for our brands? I am a New Yorker but I don't like what the article has posted.
"NY Daily News" says it all, even when it comes to the sort of news you'd expect from them, I just read the headlines and confirm the information elsewhere. They are just good for finding out about topics, not necessarily for being informed. And it doesn't get better when they start reviewing cars
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Certainly don't see them as a credible source for automotive information, just found it interesting that they were sharing thoughts on the XT4 in the first place. Lets just hope that new models like this can help the brand get out the slump they've been in the past few years. They have a history of bringing out the right cars at the wrong time.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 09:59 AM

I watch NBC every day and I have seen many ads for the Cadillac XT4, with a theme based on women drivers and "S P A C E" (the ad expands the word). I am waiting for the local GM dealers to offer the XT4 so I can take my wife to see it, since she has seen these same ads. Maybe when the hybrid/EREV or electric version arrives, we will trade in our Chevy Equinox for the Cadillac XT4. She wants it in Metallic Black!

This is the most visible ad:

Last edited by Raymondjram; 11-25-2018 at 10:11 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 08:12 AM

Autoshows are coming up and odds are GM will offer test drives, great time if you're not in a rush to buy as those shows are essentially massive car dealerships.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page