XT4 review - Cadillac XT4 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dehoosier

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

XT4 review

I purchased my XT4 Sport last December. I do not regret ordering this SUV. I enjoy the ride, comfort, size for a single guy (golf clubs do fit) and look. I do have a couple issues and hope Cadillac will look into this constructive criticism.

1. The Sport model boasts black side trim. As an accessory purchase of $400 , one can buy the black mesh grill (already present in all modes) along with the black trim versus chrome. I wonder why Cadillac went half a** and did not include that black front trim piece to make this model a truly Sport model? Use the chrome with the luxury and premium luxury. Is this poor planning?

2. The driver's rear view is seriously blocked by the rear window washer which is housed dead center on the hatch upper windshield. The center view is blocked by about 2 x 5/6 inches. The XT5 does not have this problem. Can the XT4 be changed in future models to eliminate this view problem and increase the rider's safety?

3. There are lots of USB ports....excellent! BUT....the one for the Car Play is located in the front storage space. The phone holder is located in the center console...which has an USB connection...but that connection does not hook for the Car Play. I hate wires lying all over the place, but that's what's necessary to connect the Car Play and place the phone in the convenient holder. Change the design to use the console USB for the Car Play and allow wires to be hidden. This is a also safety factor in that potential break-ins could be prevented if the burglar doesn't see wires and doesn't think someone may have left their phone or other apparatus in the car.

I still like this vehicle....and glad I purchased instead of the 2019 RDX. But there are enhancements that can make the XT4 pretty perfect!!!!! What does Cadillac say?
Marc NY likes this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:06 PM

Hi Dehoosier, I just picked up my XT4 last night. I too ordered it and so far I really like it. I owned an XT5 Platinum before this model. I love how the interior is laid out and functions in the XT4. To try to answer one of your concerns is the reason why I got the rear view camera on my XT4. I had a rear view mirror camera in my XT5 and liked it a lot. One draw back was I couldn't adjust or zoom in with the wide angle view or even lower or raise the image. Here comes the new XT4 which has all these great options to further customize the camera's viewing angles. They raised the camera lens to just under the upper rear air dam or spoiler that houses the wiper blade which I believe it will give it a better perspective and perhaps have less snow or rain issues.

Not sure why the USB in the console area doesn't connect to the Apple Car Play, one would think it would especially since the wireless charger is inside/ under the console arm rest.

Marc

Last edited by Marc NY; 05-21-2019 at 12:13 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your comments Marc. The rear view image on your mirror is nice, but should not be a requirement versus looking at the mirror and having an unobstructed view of the traffic behind you. I think this is a major minus on the Cadillac design. I hope Cadillac will relook.

Enjoy your 4. I certainly do.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehoosier View Post
Thanks for your comments Marc. The rear view image on your mirror is nice, but should not be a requirement versus looking at the mirror and having an unobstructed view of the traffic behind you. I think this is a major minus on the Cadillac design. I hope Cadillac will relook.

Enjoy your 4. I certainly do.
I understand your concerns about the rear vision. However, IMHO If I didn't have that rear camera I would be OK with the view. Unfortunately the rear wiper motor is up high and under the upper air dam but having the rear wiper up high and tucked underneath I think it is a much better design feature.

BTW: I am 6'2" and I can honestly say that I can see most of the traffic behind me very easily and clearly when I select the mirror only position. Just my .02

Marc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page