Brand new XT4 Premium Luxury - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Brand new XT4 Premium Luxury

This is the first Cadillac that I have purchased that I have had problems with. After I have driven for awhile the on star stops working, no data, the info pages go blank, and when using the GPS a note pops up saying the SD card has been taken out. We left for Florida the day I purchased it and had issues all the way there and back. Take in to the dealer Monday. Not a happy camper.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:40 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience.
Aside from getting the dealer to trouble shoot it and bothering corporate there's little else we can do as consumers. What has helped in the past was getting opinions from different dealerships, some are better than others.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:13 AM

I thought it was something worse, like an engine problem. Anything that doesn't affect the actual driving of the vehicle is a minor problem.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:41 PM

Safely related stuff can be added to that as well, hence recalls due to the urgency that safety related issues can warrant. Probably the more concerning I have seen in the past were those Takata air bag recalls. For some time it kept me away from japanese products.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:06 PM

Welcome to the forum Michael, sorry to hear you've already encountered some issues with your new car. To me it sounds like a software related problem or perhaps something with the cars communications module. Could you fix the problem with a hard restart? Let us know what the dealer reports.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:48 PM

I think software related issues will become a more common thing in coming years.

Vehicles are becoming more advanced by the day and with that comes more unified computer systems and software behind them.

We'll have to get used to these growing pains till its all worked out enough.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lawrence Condon View Post
This is the first Cadillac that I have purchased that I have had problems with. After I have driven for awhile the on star stops working, no data, the info pages go blank, and when using the GPS a note pops up saying the SD card has been taken out. We left for Florida the day I purchased it and had issues all the way there and back. Take in to the dealer Monday. Not a happy camper.
HI Mike, I see you haven't come back to update the forum with your issues with your new XT4. Was hoping to hear what was done to fix your issues. Hope to see your response soon.

Marc
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.L View Post
Safely related stuff can be added to that as well, hence recalls due to the urgency that safety related issues can warrant. Probably the more concerning I have seen in the past were those Takata air bag recalls. For some time it kept me away from japanese products.
GM does not use Takata air bags.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:49 AM

Garage
Less than 2000 miles and have been to dealer for engine check-light three times. I think it may actually be fixed now. I had noticed from the first that the displayed battery voltage varied between 14.1 volts and 12.6 volts. In one case it was jumping .3-.5 volts between 12.5 and 14.1? First trip to dealer I was told that the xt4 is full of electronics and normal to see battery voltage vary. On second time I was traveling and stopped on way to out of town dealer who put it on the big gm diagnostic tester since his hand held was broke and it said a current sensor was defective but he didnt have one so I drove home. My home dealer took his report with an attitude and returning the vehicle indicating he installed some GM updates that was probably affecting the check engine light. Next day it came on again. This time the story is the battery has a bad cell and needed to be replaced --- this sounds more plausible based on what I had seen before.

If that is the problem why did my dealer not detect the problem sooner using the data I provided and the printout diagnostic from the other dealer? Have I got decreaed confidence in my local dealer -- **** Yes.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 PM

I know Cadillac is very important to GM's move to selling EV's, so hopefully with that will come a revamped service end to the experience and not just vehicles alone.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page