New Member - Cadillac XT4 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Glad to have found a forum on the new XT4 which has been hard so far. Seen the XT5 and as much as I like it, I always thought that something smaller would be better and finally its here. Never owned a Cadillac before, its just been Honda's and German cars. Last car was a BMW 335i before I sold it. Ever since I have been taking local transit, Uber and getting rides from friends. Now its my turn to be the driver

Looking forward to learning a lot about the XT4 before deciding to buy in or not.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 04:23 PM

Hey James.L and welcome to the forum!

How come did you decide to go from the small sedan to XT5? Did you have any CUVs before?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRider View Post
Hey James.L and welcome to the forum!

How come did you decide to go from the small sedan to XT5? Did you have any CUVs before?
Well I didn't get the XT5 but I'm saying i want something smaller than it because right now it exceeds my needs, its a nice SUV don't get me wrong but there's no point paying the amount they're asking for when I can get an XT4 with more for less and without all the unnecessary space.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 03:42 PM

Thet's pretty much what it boils down to for some people, need over want. The XT5 does have more space and a few extra luxury features, but the XT4 can satisfy that as well in a more conveniently sized package.

Any idea of what you'd want in your XT4?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyCruise View Post
Thet's pretty much what it boils down to for some people, need over want. The XT5 does have more space and a few extra luxury features, but the XT4 can satisfy that as well in a more conveniently sized package.

Any idea of what you'd want in your XT4?
You missed the entire point... I have no need or want for the XT5, I just like it, what I do need and want is something smaller hence the XT4 which came after the XT5.
A hybrid powertrain is what i'm after and judging from spy shots that seems to be an initial launch model.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 01:43 PM

Hi All,

This is my 3rd Caddilac. Previously owned 2009 CTS and then 2014 ATS but now I have 2 little ones, so the wife and I decided to go with a small SUV. We love it so far and I am glad to have found this forum.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeCP View Post
Hi All,

This is my 3rd Caddilac. Previously owned 2009 CTS and then 2014 ATS but now I have 2 little ones, so the wife and I decided to go with a small SUV. We love it so far and I am glad to have found this forum.
I believe you are one of the first parents to join this forum which should help in adding some extra perspective because its common to see individuals or just couples buy SUV's.

How are you finding car seat fitment to be?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.L View Post
I believe you are one of the first parents to join this forum which should help in adding some extra perspective because its common to see individuals or just couples buy SUV's.

How are you finding car seat fitment to be?

The fitment is actually ok. My 2.5 year old son has plenty of leg room... Width wise you get just enough room for the 2 seats and maybe you can fit someone small in between but I wouldn't recommend it as they would probably be uncomfortable. It has 3 point harness setup on all 3 locations left right and mid which is great. My only wish with the rear seats would be an option to recline them back. Truck is plenty big for double stroller and groceries if you place them right. Overall as a parent I am happy with the XT4.

Felipe
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:57 PM

my wife has had 3 SRX's.. she wanted to go smaller and when the SRX became the XT5 it was out of the question.. so she tried a buick encore.. actually 2 of them.. the first was a plain jane and the second a full load.. with no power hatchback available and a 100 lb german shepherd squeezed in the back it didn't cut it.. then a fully loaded buick envision arrived at the dealer, slightly bigger which pleased the dog and a power hatchback which pleased the wife.. without getting into a lot of detail there were aspects of the envision that didn't cut it either..

so a couple days ago 2 XT4's arrive at the dealership.. one fully loaded sport and a decent load premium luxury.. took the premium luxury one for a drive and really liked it.. it compares in size to the buick envision and there's lots of room for the dog in the back.. I found the seats more comfortable than the envision and driving it was just all around nicer.. not to mention on the XT4 you can disable the auto engine stop which you couldn't on the buick..

so the long and the short is we take delivery tomorrow morning

reading the threads on the forum I'm getting the impression no one else here owns one? if so I guess I'll be the first one with complaints or praises..

Bernie
James.L and Raymondjram like this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:59 PM

guess I need to read a little closer

I guess it's safe to say a limited number of owners

Bernie

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page