Canada Spec 2019 Cadillac XT4 Priced From $41,900 - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Canada Spec 2019 Cadillac XT4 Priced From $41,900

Cadillac Canada has announced the 2019 XT4 pricing and buyers who are interested in the brand’s first compact crossover will need to shell out at least $41,900 Canadian and that’s including a $2,000 shipping charge.

That’s affordable enough for the XT4 to undercut its main rivals in the luxury compact crossover segment including the Lexus NX, Acura RDX, Mercedes-Benz GLC and the BMW X. All four of the aforementioned models has a base price in excess of $40,000 before shipping.

Canadians looking into purchasing a XT4 can choose from three trim options; the base Luxury, Premium Luxury and Sport. Both the Premium Luxury and Sport trims have specific features and styling cues to appeal to different customers depending on their preferences, though Cadillac’s press releases fails to specify what they are.

No matter what trim you decide to choose, there’s only one powertrain option offered by Cadillac and that’s a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. Paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission, 237hp and 258lb-ft of torque are sent to either the front or all-wheels, depending on which option one chooses. That’s good enough to give the XT4 a fuel economy rating of 27 mpg.

The XT4 will hit Canada and U.S. showrooms this fall, though customers in the states can start pre-ordering their dream cars right now.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:16 PM

That seems reasonable for such a well equipped model like the 2019 XT4 and as the post says, it's still less than other brands that sometimes has less to offer in the standard features department. There's not much information regarding the various trims so you may need to wait for the build page to go up to find out which one is the best bang for your buck.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:28 PM

I don't see an issue with the sole powertrain, as I don't think that many people in the market for a premium crossover are too concerned with performance. I would like to know a bit more about what features are specific amongst the different trims levels though. Pretty good base price for the segment.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:58 PM

For once i'm excited to see what the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder can do because in the ATS, the general consensus among publications is that its powerful enough. Making peak torque around 1,500 rpm to 5,800 rpm should mean we'll get a fun XT4.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 12:43 PM

The Car Guide released a different pricing for the 2019 Cadillac XT4 at $37,900 plus a delivery freight charge of $2,000. Or is this the U.S. spec model's pricing?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 03:07 PM

That's U.S pricing and I'm surprised that the difference found in Canada isn't greater. I suppose Cadillac is well aware of how competitive this segment is, and they are trying to make position the XT4 underneath what's being offered by key rivals.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 01:52 PM

Around $40k for the XT4 in the States seems like a good deal considering everything you get in the base model. Gets you a CUE infotainment system that's Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible. The interior is not lacking in much either. Plus 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque is more than enough for most people.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 02:15 PM

Canada loves Cadillac products so its easy to see how they can be brave to price it as such. The real test will be how these actually sell in the first year.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 03:54 PM

I think Cadillac has done a good job of packaging the XT4, considering its entry price and standard technology. I do think that they should consider offering their Super Cruise across the lineup though, because that sort of autonomous tech would generate a lot of interest.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page