2019 Cadillac XT4 Teased For The First Time - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

2019 Cadillac XT4 Teased For The First Time

Debuting later this month at the New York Auto Show, Cadillac has given us a sneak peak at the new XT4 ahead of its reveal in a teaser ad that is schedule to be shown at the 90th Academy Awards.

Much of what we can see is hidden by clever use of lighting, but you should be able to make our certain design elements like the XT4’s vertical headlights. Though similar to what you’d find on the XT5, these lights are slightly different with a continuous LED accent running down the bumper. Then there’s the grille, which has done away with the horizontal bars in favour of a mesh.

Moving to the rear, it features unique rear lighting elements with thin LEDs that runs from the top of the roof, down to the taillights and across its tailgate. Each side connected in a fluid line.

Once the XT4 finally debuts, it’ll slot right under the XT5 as Cadillac’s entry-level crossover. “This means that the XT4 would come in as an X1/X2 rival,” says CarScoops. Perhaps the rumored turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine will give the XT4 a leg up against its rivals, though Cadillac has not yet confirmed the crossover’s powertrain offerings.

There’s even plug-in hybrid variant on the way, though we won’t see it until the gas powered models are revealed first.

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 11:50 AM

Cadillac does like advertising their cars during the Oscars. They've been doing it for a few years already and it doesn't look like they plan to stop anytime soon. The XT4 looks like the bolder younger siblingof the XT5 when you look at those taillights. They have a more prominent shape.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 03:00 PM

I like the shape of the silhouette and I'm intrigued by the fact that there are hybrid variants planned for future. Looking forward to seeing the full unveiling and fingers crossed on a decent powertrain as that was one of the common noted issues with the XT5. They better provide an AWD set up.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 11:48 AM

I'm sure AWD will be an option if not the standard drive, but I'd be sorely disappointed if the engine hits peak torque at high RPMs like the XT5. I believe that was one of the complaints and nudging the throttle felt like nothing was happening.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:01 PM

It seems like a lot of these newer crossovers have performance issues arise from CVT's. I believe the biggest fault of the XT5 was the new electronic shifter that Cadillac implemented, which was apparently very awkward to use. Lets hope that Cadillac moves away from that in the XT4.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:23 PM

The best thing they can do here to improve its AWD system is to incorporate more of what the CT6 accomplished which was as more track oriented setup with revised torque split.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page