GM total sales numbers - Cadillac XT4 Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
GM total sales numbers

Here is a link to the total GM sales numbers for 2017 and 2018:
https://investor.gm.com/static-files...f-96b1da03fe79

The Cadillac XT4 sold 7,785 units in 2018 but it has begun to remove sales from the XT5 which makes is a good start for such a new vehicle. Now we need to see if the XT4 is also reducing sales for similar sized imports.

As for my local GM dealer, it has two XT4 for sale (I saw the silver one):
https://www.autogrupogm.com/VehicleS...=XT4&year=2019

Last edited by Raymondjram; 01-03-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Raymondjram is offline  
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 01:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 99
Most XT5's I have seen on the street are driven by women. If details on who's buying were given I bet women would be the majority.

Even in Lamborghini's case that was true with the Urus.
James.L is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.L View Post
Most XT5's I have seen on the street are driven by women. If details on who's buying were given I bet women would be the majority.

Even in Lamborghini's case that was true with the Urus.
I am seeing many Cadillac XT4 ads at NBC with women drivers. This may be why women are the best customers for such a vehicle. The only domestic competition are the Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, and Lincoln MKC. They are cheaper but have less luxury options.
Raymondjram is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
As for my local GM dealer, it has two XT4 for sale (I saw the silver one):
https://www.autogrupogm.com/VehicleS...=XT4&year=2019
I visited the GM dealer to have the engine coolant of my 2009 Chevy Equinox exchanged and the reservoir tank flushed out. This is the very first time the engine coolant has been replaced after ten years. While I was there, I saw the silver Cadillac XT4 Premium up close. The sticker price is $64,000!!

This due to the high import tax that apply to all vehicle purchases (all are imported), and it is over $8,400 for that model (20%). So I have to save a lot or win the Lotto or Powerball to buy one!

Last edited by Raymondjram; 01-10-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Raymondjram is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:25 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 28
Hence why GM is moving so much of their production to foreign countries. Can you imagine what the sticker prices would be if they tried to make their new vehicles locally? Things have only been made worse with the new tariffs on steel.
Mr Caddy is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Caddy View Post
Hence why GM is moving so much of their production to foreign countries. Can you imagine what the sticker prices would be if they tried to make their new vehicles locally? Things have only been made worse with the new tariffs on steel.
I cannot understand why the U.S. has to import steel, having huge production and many iron and coal mines. Locally we have no such materials, but a company here takes in scrapped cars and melts them down to make reinforcement bars (rebars) for for construction projects. Some bars are over three inches in diameter!

If we, as a small island, can recycle cars, why doesn't steel mills do it, too? Steel form cars can be used again, and the will not be affected by tariffs from imported steel which may be of inferior quality anyway.
Raymondjram is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 65
I hope that as we move towards EV's and more carbon neutral facilities that automakers place a far greater focus on recycling and repurposing of old components and bodies. It really boils down to cost and its cheaper to just throw things out rather than take the time to disassemble and inventory everything. Asia has a huge market for scrap steel.
Emette is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emette View Post
I hope that as we move towards EV's and more carbon neutral facilities that automakers place a far greater focus on recycling and repurposing of old components and bodies. It really boils down to cost and its cheaper to just throw things out rather than take the time to disassemble and inventory everything. Asia has a huge market for scrap steel.
I believe it is the labor cost. Assembling a vehicle uses less labor than disassembly. But in Asia and other lesser economic nations, labor is very cheap. How much would you personally charge to take apart a vehicle? Now you see what I mean.

The U.S. has plenty of low-skilled workers that can be put to disassembly and salvaging. They can also recruit students from auto-tech schools (a superb practical training), and some low-security prison mates who prefer to keep themselves busy that be bored t death in their cells. Even recruiting unemployed off the street is good enough. I learned my mechanical skills by rebuilding my first car, a 1967 Rambler American sedan with a 230 CI inline six engine. The only part that I didn't work on was the transmission, which was done by my mechanic directly. Thanks to this experience, I did light mechanical work on most of my past vehicles. My present vehicles have no problems up to now that needed any work.
Raymondjram is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome