Could plant closings affect XT4 production - Cadillac XT4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Could plant closings affect XT4 production

I'm sure most of you have heard by now that GM has plans to close several of their automotive plans as they look to cut back on their sedan lineup. As many as 5 factories and 14,000 jobs may be lost, but talks on going with various workers unions. GM recently put $265 million into the Fairfax plant, for retooling it for the XT4. It seems safe for now but that will be dependent on the success of this new model launch. https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...ing-union.html
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:17 AM

If they think this is bad, just wait till robots get good enough to do the jobs some of these people are doing. Then it will be chaos. Universal basic income will eventually become reality.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 07:01 AM

The Cadillac XT4 is made at a plant in Kentucky and will not be affected. But the CT6 will!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 02:24 PM

I though the XT4 was being produced in Kansas? Either way its good to hear that their wont be any implications from these plant closings...at least for now. I see the Blazer might be moved to Ohio.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 05:36 PM

I was concerned that China would be the next big producer for markets like North America but slowly its been shifting more to Mexico and closer regions. At least for the short-term it won't mean anything to worry about with the trade war.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

We're still talking about 15,000 cut jobs and several models being pulled from GM's lineup. Trump has already threatened that he will cut GM's subsidies in response, should these changes go through.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page